Black & Decker is a company with a reputation when it comes to building power tools, home improvement tools and similar equipment. Almost every product manufactured by the company is well constructed. The company is dedicated to providing power, precision and comfort with each of their products, and same is the case with the Black & Decker HH2455.
Hedge trimmers are among the popular products from Black & Decker. Choosing a single Black & Decker product is a much harder task than it needs to be, especially if you don’t know what you are looking for. You need to first be sure of your requirements before you can go on to research about what you want from your hedge trimmer.
This particular hedge trimmer from the company is labeled HH2455. It features 24 inches long blade, which helps with extended reach and uniform cutting. The blade is dual action, so it’s much easier and faster to cut through branches and hedges. The company claims the trimmer to be capable of cutting through branches up to ¾ inch thick.
- The machine features 10 half inch blades. These are hardened steel blades.
- The blades feature spring loaded cutting mechanism.
- It comes with a rear rotating handle for ideal hand position when making vertical cuts or sculpting.
- Features dual-action blades that reduce vibration.
- The machine is packaged fully assembled, so it’s ready-to-run as soon as you take it out of the packaging.
- Features 2 years of warranty.
- It comes with a lock-off switch that helps to prevent and accidental starting.
- It features a built-in cord retention system to avoid the machine being unplugged accidentally.
- At 2800 cutting strokes per minute, the machine is more than capable of going through all your normal hedges.
- The handle comes with a soft rubber grip for less tiring experience. Also, you won’t be getting any nasty blisters because of these no matter how long you choose to work on your garden.
- The machine features innovative inline motor design, which delivers improved control, balance and precise timing.
- It features ABS high impact construction with polished blades, so you can be assured of its durability.
- Because of its 24 inches long blades, you won’t have to over reach much. This will surely reduce strains on your back.
- It’s not at all a heavy duty, commercial grade machine. So, you would do it a great harm trying to use it like one.
- There have been complaints about the machine not being as efficient as claimed by the company when trying to cut through ¾ inch branches.
- Even though the blades are 24 inches long, the motor runs at just 3.3 amps.
With the name Black & Decker, you don’t have to worry about the durability and reliability of the product; nevertheless, it’s backed by 2 years of warranty. The blade is longer than in most similar products on the market. This is a highly effective machine and should be able to get you through all your normal requirements with a trimmer, just remember it’s not a heavy-duty machine and you should let it work on its own rather than trying to push it through. Overall, it offers great value for money.
There are other alternatives to Black & Decker if this particular hedge trimmer doesn’t feel like the best one for you. Some honorable mentions are the Worx WG209 Hedge Trimmer and Pruner Slim Body Design, 4-Amp and GreenWorks 22102 2.7 Amp 18-Inch Corded Electric Hedger. These are both fantastic pieces of machines, but make sure that the product matches your requirements in order to make an educated decision.
The name Black & Decker signifies trust and reliability, which makes this product stand out above the rest. It’s a magnificent product from Black & Decker that provide powerful performance and ease of use. You won’t be regretting your purchase with this one, just make sure you don’t overwork it, or you will have the risk of damaging it too soon.
The hedge trimmer from Worx is probably the slimmest and lightest machine in the category. It costs almost the same as the Black & Decker product and even features the same cutting length. Almost everything to be similar with our top product here, but the lack of brand assurance has made it slightly less favorable.
If you want something cheaper that can still get the job done, then go for the GreenWorks hedge trimmer. It’s only got 2.7 amp of power and only 18 inches of blade, but it’s still highly effective with no clogging and lagging. For its price, there is hardly anything to complain about. It’s an amazing deal.
Black & Decker seems to be the unquestioned winner in this comparison. However, you would be wise to be gentle with the machine and let the machine function. Also, it’s a must that your requirements be fulfilled.